Inspired by real-life formula cars, the Asetek SimSports® Forte® Formula Steering Wheel has been thoroughly designed by racers and sim racers alike. The steering wheel has been designed and engineered to live up to the feeling of real-life racing at the same time as adopting sim racing feedback. With this and other feedback in mind, we started from ground up and a clean sheet of paper on a mission to create the best possible sim racing formula wheel, but like our other products, without breaking the bank. We are pleased to say that we achieved just that – please meet the Forte® Formula steering wheel!
Many wheels, sim racing or real-life racing, get their strength and rigidity from the front face plate and the handles, oftentimes in a closed construction (handlebars are in mechanical connection in both ends). Unfortunately, that also makes them locked in size and design. To achieve maximum stiffness and at the same time allowing you, the user, to easily change the handles, add clutches, DRS paddles. we use an injection molded chassis with a carbon, glass and plastic composite material providing a very high natural rigidity and strength and featuring a laser etched forged carbon exterior whilst not relying on the handlebars to provide strength and stiffness.
To add to the overall anti-flex and a proper interface to the removable handles, the chassis features a metal spider interface inside and altogether it yields a stiff, non-flexing steering wheel where the handles can be changed and or upgraded over time to help give you the steering wheel YOU want! For now, we have two different sizes, the default giving a perfect fit and grip for average size hands and an XL version for larger hands.
The ergonomic handles are made in a comfortable, soft and durable silicone rubber, that is easy to clean and disinfect and will give you ultimate comfort and control, regardless of whether you are wearing racing gloves or not. You will have the option to easily change the handles to quickly implement future upgrades to color, size, shape and hardness.
The front face of the wheel is made in a 1mm woven carbon plate providing a beautiful home for all the buttons switches.
With plenty of inputs, the Asetek SimSports® Forte® Formula Steering Wheel will, through our RaceHub™ give you the option to customize and map all buttons, switches, encoders, and paddles you need to be on top of your game. Featuring 12 push buttons, two 2-way toggle switches and two 7-way kinky switches, three rotary encoders, and six thumb encoders, you are able to control all of your desired settings.
All buttons, switches and rotaries are of the highest quality standards and fully tested and validated in our automated button testing machines to ensure years and years of reliable daily use.
The Forte® wheel features no less than 49 fully customizable aRGB LEDs including rev and flag lights - allowing you to not only customize the look of your steering wheel, but also help you make those split-second decisions that can make the difference between success and failure. LEDs can, of course, be adjusted, dimmed, color customized and mapped in RaceHub, with many many more features to come. Each button and LED can be clearly marked via the provided sticker sheet providing a backlit label for each function on your wheel.
The backside features, by default, two contactless magnetic shifter paddles, for fast and seamless gear shifts. Easily upgradeable to a dual-clutch for perfect race starts as well as two additional mappable paddles that for example can be used for effortless overtake and DRS activation. All paddles and associated mechanics are, like the wheel chassis itself, injection molded in an ultralight and stiff carbon composite material.
All Asetek SimSports® steering wheels feature our own quick release system, that is as easy to use as shifting gears – literally, as to disconnect the wheel from the base, all you have to do is to press a paddle, and the wheel will be in your hands! Needless to say, we are not relying on wireless signals, batteries that need to be charged, or cables that can break or fall off. Everything is included in our easy-to-use no-play quick release.
Our relentless focus on Performance and Precision without breaking the bank, gives the Asetek SimSports® Forte® Formula Steering Wheel a competitive edge, allowing you to get down to the tarmac and be one with your virtual racecar. Providing you with the quality and durability you have come to expect from Asetek.
- Tech Specs
- Exquisite, radical, and minimalistic Danish industrial design
- Made in Denmark
- 290mm diameter with default configuration. 294mm diameter with XL handles.
- 49 Total programmable aRGB LEDs
- 15 aRGB RevLEDs
- 6 aRGB FlagLEDs
- 12 Button aRGB LEDs
- 12 aRGB LEDs for backlit rotary switches
- 12 Push buttons, 2 two-way Toggle switches, 2 seven-way Kinky switches
- 3 twelve position Rotary encoders, 6 Thumb encoders
- 2 Contactless Magnetic shifter Paddles with additional optional paddles being upgradable
- Injection molded Carbon fiber reinforced composite chassis with laser etched forged carbon structure
- 2 mm woven carbon fiber front face
- Exchangeable handles
- Easy-to-use, no-play quick-release. Ensuring stable data and power transmission without the use of cables, batteries or wireless signals.
- Software Features
- Full button, switch, encoder and paddle custom mapping
- Customizable Rev lights
- Pitlane control and Pit limiter
- Night mode
- LED start-up sequence
- Auto connection detection
- Clutch configuration
- Compatible with all Asetek SimSports Wheelbases
- Console support planned in the future
- Assetto Corsa
- Assetto Corsa Competizione
- DiRT Rally
- DiRT Rally 2.0
- F1 Series
- Project Cars 2
- rFactor 2
- And many more (all games that accept direct input devices)
- RaceHub by Asetek SimSports : https://www.asetek.com/simsports/racehub/
SHIPPING AND LEAD TIME
- FREE SHIPPING to all of the Continental U.S. and Canada (excluding Yukon, Northwest Territories & Nunavut).
- IMPORT DUTIES COVERED for U.S.-based customers.
- We ship from Montreal in Canada
- Our typical lead time before shipping out orders is 5 to 7 business days. This varies depending on the purchased items and our shipping queue.
- Once the items have shipped, transit time typically takes between 2 and 4 business days
- Please note that all large items, such as our SimRacing Chassis, Monitor Stands and Racing Seats, might not arrive on the same day as other parts of your order. Because of their weight and size, these boxes get sorted differently at our shipping partner's logistics hub.
When you purchase Asetek SimSports products, you have a 24-month warranty for defects or lack of conformity in the goods from the time you received the goods. You must give notice of the defect or lack of conformity within a reasonable time after you have established the defect. A timely, justified complaint implies that you can either get the goods repaired, get a price reduction or get a refund depending on the specific situation. https://www.asetek.com/simsports/support/